Flight Plus 29/03/12
DO YOU KNOW YOUR FLIGHT-PLUS FROM YOUR PACKAGE HOLIDAY?
Vantage Underwriting Agency's seminar on the 29/03/12 was a fantastic success with 100% of those responding to an attendee survey regarding it as 'important' or 'very important' to their business. It also received extensive coverage in the 05/04/12 edition of Travel Weekly as Ian Taylor reported from the event.
The seminar was attended by tour operators and travel agents and continues the series of seminars that Vantage Underwriting Agency offers to members of the travel trade.
If you missed out on your chance to attend, we have a selection of recordings from the event for you to download here.
To set the theme, this overview gives you an idea of the content:
Flight-Plus .... Confusion all around?
- What’s covered? Flights, accommodation, car hire - other tourist services?
- What are the time limits?
- What is meant by a ‘request’?
- Can you avoid putting together a Flight-Plus?
- What happens when the flight plus becomes a package?
- What if you add car hire to an existing package?
- How many times is an APC payable?
The Meaning of Flight-Plus Arranger
- What does it mean for travel agents?
- How are online travel companies affected?
- What is meant by ‘include, facilitate or enable’ a flight-plus to be created?
- Does this include ‘Click-throughs’?
- What if you are an agent for the consumer?
The Liabilities of a Flight-Plus Arranger.
- Are you liable if the airline goes bust?
- But what if the airline just cancels its flights?
- When do you have to make a refund and how much do you have to give?
- What if the consumer gets food poisoning at the hotel?
- What if the hotel is destroyed by a hurricane?
- What if the car breaks down?
- What if the water-park is closed?
Recent case law on ‘What is a Package?’
- Titshall v Qwerty Travel (Court of Appeal)
- When do separate components become a combination?
- When is a combination sold at an inclusive price?